Murder investigation launched after body found in Gittisham farm building
- Credit: Archant
A murder investigation has been launched following the discovery of a woman’s body in farm building in Gittisham.
Emergency services were called at around 10.45pm on Friday, January 3, but 53-year-old Katherine Bevan was declared dead at the scene.
Her next of kin have been informed as a post-mortem was completed on Saturday (January 18) at the Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital.
As a result, officers from the major crime team, based in Exeter, have launched a murder investigation.
Anyone who has information that could help police inquiries should contact them on 101, quoting reference 817 of January 3, 2020.
You may also want to watch:
- A 26-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of murder and remains in police custody.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 7 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis