Glastonbury Festival founder at YFC awards
- Credit: Archant
Michael Eavis presents cups to Axminster club winners
The founder of the Glastonbury Festival was guest speaker at Axminster Young Farmers’ Club’s annual harvest supper.
More than 130 people attended the event in the Guildhall to hear Michael Eavis talk about his dairy farm and the staging of the world famous music happening there.
Later, following club speeches, he presented awards to this year’s cup winners.
Past and present members of the club, along with family and friends attended the evening which organisers described as ‘a very successful night’.
You may also want to watch:
The next YFC event is a new members’ meeting which takes place on Monday, November 2, at Musbury Village Hall, at 8pm.
It offers people a chance to meet present members and see what they get up to.
- 1 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 2 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 3 Children’s hospice South West celebrates 30 years
- 4 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 5 A tribute to Axminster mayor Anni Young
- 6 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 9 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
- 10 Beer Men's Shed receives £10,000 lottery funding
For more information contact Gavin Herrod on 07881 361887 or Jack Chapple on 07875 717580.