Go bat hunting at Seaton Wetlands
- Credit: Archant
East Devon Countryside team has had a busy summer despite some unsettled August weather
Bumper attendances have proved that you don’t need glorious sunshine to enjoy a fun time outdoors, says East Devon District Council’s countryside team.
Despite the mixed weather this August, their events have been more popular than ever!
More than 200 people took park in rockpool rambles along the coast, canoe safaris on the River Axe were all fully booked and numerous families have enjoyed the daily Bugs Rubbings Trail at Seaton Wetlands.
Now the team is busy putting together an exciting events programme for the winter months, which includes mud walks, wreath making and much more.
You may also want to watch:
The guide will be available in local libraries and tourist information centres from the start of October.
Before the winter guide kicks off there is plenty of fun to be had outdoors in the late summer sunshine. Events include:
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
* An evening bat walk at Seaton Wetlands tomorrow (Thursday September 7), 8pm till late. Enjoy a twilight walk on the nature reserve with the countryside ranger and the Devon Bat Project looking for bats.
*A family forage and cook-up at Holyford Woods near Colyford on Saturday, September 16, 10am to 12.30pm. Join the education ranger for a foraging walk in the woods, followed by a cook-up including seasonal wild foods.
* Hospiscare coffee morning at Seaton Wetlands on Friday September 29, 10am to 12noon. Enjoy tea and cake in the peaceful setting of Seaton Wetlands, raising funds for your local hospice charity.
For more information on these events, and other events delivered by the countryside team visit wildeastdevon.co.uk Please note that some events require advance booking to secure your place.
For further information, the countryside team can be contacted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01395 517557.