God does the work
- Credit: Archant
Read the latest thought for the week.
Lots of people are asking me at the moment ‘how is the packing going?’ to which I have to answer ‘it isn’t’.
We haven’t packed a single box for our upcoming move because that all has to be done by the movers so our stuff is insured for overseas travel.
It’s frustrating, though, because our natural inclination is to do something and not to have it done for us.
For most people something like this gives a sense of being slightly out of control!
You may also want to watch:
But that’s not so far off the Christian message which says, “there is nothing we can do, God does the work for us.”
Jesus’ death and resurrection is the foundation of forgiveness and faith, not anything we have done or can do. We cannot earn God’s favour by being good or the way we behave, though we are called to respond and accept God’s offer of life.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 7 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone