Grand garden fete to raise money for Combe Raleigh bells
- Credit: Archant
The Combe Raleigh Bell Fund needs just another £12,000 to reach its final fundraising goal of £75,000.
The group needs the cash to restore and augment the St Nicholas Church’s bells from three to six.
To help raise more money, it is putting on a grand garden fete, to be held this Sunday (August 21) from 2.30pm at the Combe Hill Estate, Combe Raleigh, by kind permission of the Lazarus family.
Visitors will be able to enjoy a nostalgic afternoon of traditional fun and games, with cream teas on the terrace, maypole dancing and garden games on the lawn, as well as gardens and woodland walks.
There will also be stalls, sideshows, a bouncy castle, a steam traction engine, model railways, pony rides, football penalty and tennis competitions, raffle, and much more on offer, including some bellringing.
You may also want to watch:
There is limited wheelchair access and no dogs are allowed - call 01404 41107/43929 for more details.
- 1 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 2 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 3 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Celebs urged to lead by example and stay away from Devon
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis