Grant opportunity for rural businesses
Expert urges businesses to think ahead or risk losing out on a Government grant.
Rural businesses in Devon could be in with a chance of winning a share of a �15million grant.
The region is one of five that has been identified by the Government as a Rural Growth Network pilot, which is a national scheme designed to help new businesses to start up and existing small firms to grow.
The date for grant applications is expected to be announced within the next couple of months but one industry expert is urging local businesses to think ahead or risk losing out.
Nigel Parsons, the managing director of management accounts specialist Landmark Systems, said: “Our experience of similar grant schemes is that those who have done the groundwork ahead of time are the ones who are in the strongest position when the starting gun is fired.
“This is a huge opportunity for rural businesses in Devon. However, experience tells us that only those with the most compelling and comprehensive applications will succeed in releasing grant funding.”
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 Karate club members push their limits for charity
- 8 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route