Romance blossoms on The Grizzly’s ‘Stairway to Heaven’
- Credit: Archant
Romance blossomed during Sunday’s heart-pounding Grizzly race between Seaton and Branscombe.
After reaching the top of the appropriately named Stairway to Heaven section of the route Rachel Manns, 29, turned to partner Tom Stonebridge, 33, and asked: 'Will you marry me?'
The proposal was immediately accepted and sealed with a Haribo ring - which the pair later ate 'for blood sugar purposes'.
The couple, from St Leonards, Sussex, were competing in the nine mile cub run during the gruelling race on March 8.
Rachel's dad, Toby Manns, was competing in the 20 mile full Grizzly race and only found out about the marriage proposal when he reached the finishing line.
You may also want to watch:
He told The Herald: 'It was all very emotional. I am so proud and absolutely delighted because they are such a lovely couple.'
Mr Manns travelled from his home in Surrey to compete in the tough Grizzly but said they had family connections in Beer.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020