Guard of honour at Seaton firefighter’s wedding
Crew Commander and his bride leave church beneath an archway of fire axes
SEATON firefighters formed a guard of honour when a colleague got wed at the weekend.
They raised their axes to form an archway as Crew Commander Michael Markham and his bride Esme Read left St Gregory’s Church on Saturday.
Afterwards the couple were given a ride in the fire engine to River Cottage HQ, near Axminster, where they held their reception.
As well as serving as a retained officer at Seaton, Mr Markham is also a full time firefighter in Taunton.
The bride works as a reception at the Combe House Hotel, Gittisham.
The couple are honeymooning in the Maldives.
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 6 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 7 Karate club members push their limits for charity
- 8 Where to see Santa's sleigh in Honiton
- 9 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 10 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route