Gym fundraiser helps push donations over £600 for fire-hit Honiton rugby club
- Credit: Archant
A sled was pushed in excess of a marathon distance to raise money for Honiton’s fire-hit rugby club.
The event, held by B! Health and Fitness, raised more than £600 and saw 52 people keep a sled moving up and down a nine-metre track.
Craig Bernhardt, founder of B! Health and Fitness, said: “The sled is normally used for explosive bursts of training to build power, so it required a lot of leg work to keep it moving for nine hours and hit the target of 45,000 lengths.
“We arranged the event at very short notice after hearing about the fire, so we were extremely pleased with the response and the team spirit shown by so many people who took part in the challenge.
“I would also like to thank everyone who made a donation.”
You may also want to watch:
The £610 raised went to the rugby club to help replace items which perished in a container blaze last month.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief