Half term events planned for Seaton Wetlands
- Credit: Archant
Bird watching and nest box building are amongst the activities being planned by East Devon Countryside Rangers
East Devon’s Countryside Rangers are inviting families to join them for events throughout February half term.
There are events taking place nearly every day during the holidays at Seaton Wetlands and in Cranbrook.
The programme includes:
• Bird watching for children at The Tower Hide, at Seaton Wetlands, Monday February 12, 10am to 11am and 11am to 12noon. Booking is required, £2 per child.
You may also want to watch:
• Nest box building at The Reed Base, Seaton Wetlands, Tuesday February 13, 10am to 1pm, booking is required, the cost is £10 per nest box.
• Bird feeding fun at Younghayes, Cranbrook, Wednesday February 14, 2pm to 4pm, no booking is required, cost £3 per child.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 4 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Football in support of mental health
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
• What’s that bird? The Island Hide at Seaton Wetlands, Thursday February 15, 11am to 1pm, no booking required, a free event.
Throughout half term the Discovery Hut at Seaton Wetlands will be open from 10am to 4pm. Visit the hut for basic refreshments, a chance to see the harvest mouse and information about recent wildlife sightings at the nature reserve.
Further details about all upcoming events and booking information can be found online at wildeastdevon.co.uk or phone: 01395 517557. The East Devon District Council Countryside team run events for all ages throughout the year. For more information on events run by the Countryside team and visiting nature reserves visit wildeastdevon.co.uk, alternatively the team can be contacted via email: email@example.com