HALFF launch ready meal range
- Credit: Archant
Axminster charity can now supply nutritious pre-prepared dishes for busy families to reheat
Axminster’s healthy eating centre has launched a new range of ready meals.
The latest dishes crated by the charity HALFF (Health and Local Food for Families) use only the best local ingredients, wherever possible.
The new homemade “Real Meals” range covers a variety of soups, main meal bakes, curries, sauces, compotes and crumbles. The team also serve homemade hot soup to take away every lunch time.
The meals have been developed by HALFF cooks, their resident Chef Suzi Salkeld, who was classically trained at Leith’s School of Food and Wine in London, and HALFF’s nutritionist, Becky Varley.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman said that all dishes are low in salt and saturated fat, and contain no artificial additives or colours, so people can be sure that they not only taste good, but are good for them too.
She said that HALFF had been running free cookery courses for different groups in and around Axminster for some time, which had benefitted many individuals and families.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
But some people did not always have time to prepare a tasty nutritious meal every night of the week for themselves or their family, which is why HALFF decided to launch this new range of foods. These complement what HALFF already sells – fresh, local and organic fruit and veg and quality local preserves, honeys and apple juice.
The new range is designed to be reasonably priced and meals come frozen and ready to pop in the oven/microwave. They are available at the HALFF shop in South Street and all proceeds will go to help support the charity. For more information go to www.halff.org.uk or call 01297 631782.