Happy brithday Honiton Afternoon WI
Members mark its 15th birthday.
This month marked a special anniversary for Honiton Afternoon WI as it celebrated its 15th birthday.
To mark the milestone members were entertained by two of their own.
Secretary Jenny Richards took the WI back in time with a collection of old postcards including Exeter in 1904 and many others from various parts of the country where she has lived.
June Vear then gave an amusing reading entitled Grandma’s Apron, which explained its many and varied uses over the years,
You may also want to watch:
Follow this members took part in a quiz and ended the meeting with a delicious slice or birthday cake made by Mary Eagleton.
Its next meeting is on December 12, at 2pm, at the Methodist Chapel.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 3 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 4 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 5 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 6 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
- 7 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 8 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 9 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 10 'Going out on a high' - food festival chairman hands over the reins after this year's successful event