Happy brithday Honiton Afternoon WI
Members mark its 15th birthday.
This month marked a special anniversary for Honiton Afternoon WI as it celebrated its 15th birthday.
To mark the milestone members were entertained by two of their own.
Secretary Jenny Richards took the WI back in time with a collection of old postcards including Exeter in 1904 and many others from various parts of the country where she has lived.
June Vear then gave an amusing reading entitled Grandma’s Apron, which explained its many and varied uses over the years,
You may also want to watch:
Follow this members took part in a quiz and ended the meeting with a delicious slice or birthday cake made by Mary Eagleton.
Its next meeting is on December 12, at 2pm, at the Methodist Chapel.
- 1 Sad passing of Seaton Bowling Club President
- 2 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 3 'It’s amazing how much you take for granted and how much we have to be grateful for'
- 4 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 5 £40,000 to support local groups hit hard by Covid-19 crisis
- 6 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 7 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 10 Riding through the lockdown restrictions