The Pull of the Tide is calling to Harbour Voices
- Credit: Archant
Harbour Voices, in Lyme Regis, will soon be performing their new show at the Marine theatre in Lyme Regis.
Members of Lyme Regis singing group Harbour Voices are nearing the end of their rehearsals for their latest show.
The group will be performing 'The Pull of the Tide' at the Marine Theatre in Lyme Regis on 1 November.
Their previous local shows have been sell-outs and this year's lively show includes traditional shanties and songs paying tribute to the local maritime heritage exploring themes of fishing, shipwrecks, voyages far and wide and much more. Oh, and watch out for the shark!
The show will feature some newly written songs and narratives by group members.
You may also want to watch:
Originally formed to support the Lyme Regis Gig Club, the group evolved under the artistic direction of Penny Dunscombe into the performance group it is today.
In 2018 Mark Hewitt became musical director for Harbour Voices and continues to develop its repertoire. Under his direction the group has gone from strength to strength with new songs and a new look for this year's show.
- 1 Leanne's charity pledge to spread the word on vision awareness
- 2 Hot pennies team plan bumper event to mark charter anniversary
- 3 Farm opens gardens and wildflower meadows to support good causes
- 4 Streetwise author launches second edition of historical A to Z
- 5 Scouts welcome Ernie
- 6 Escot provides 'forever' home for rescued bear cubs
- 7 Couple support hospital that cared for tragic grandson
- 8 Mentoring helps to encourage development and leadership
- 9 New silverware up for grabs as flower and produce fair returns
- 10 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
Tickets available from www.marinetheatre.com and Lyme Tourist Information Centre.