Harriet’s day with the editor
Deadline experience sold at auction to highest bidder in aid of Seaton Primary School.
Colyton Grammar School student Harriet Gaukroger, 12, is today (Tuesday) the deadline day guest of Midweek Herald editor Belinda Bennett.
Keen writer Harriet bid for the experience at an auction organised by Seaton Primary School.
“I didn’t have any money, but put my hand up anyway,” said Harriet. “My parents very generously paid my bid of �17.
“Now I know that an editor’s job is more complicated than I thought it was.”
You may also want to watch:
Harriet has been finding out how the Midweek Herald uses a content management system to organise stories and photographs and create pages.
“Breaking news this morning was a police report about a burglary in Honiton, which involved the theft of a sat nav and laptop computer,” said Harriet.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 3 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 6 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 7 School embraces reading challenge
- 8 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington
- 9 Ashley and Kate win prestigious organic farming accolade
- 10 Devon Tesco stores support NSPCC through grants scheme
“We typed the story and webbed it immediately, as well as allocate it to a page for this week’s paper.
“I have typed a story myself, which is on the Herald’s website. It is all about the various uses of old toothbrushes!”
With one page left to complete for this week’s Herald, Harriet is now assisting with pushing stories to the web.