Harvest feast served to members of Honiton Evening WI
Members arrive at meeting armed with bowls and spoons.
MEMBERS of Honiton Evening Women’s Institute attended their September meeting armed with bowls and spoons.
They tucked into a harvest feast of homemade soups and rolls, followed by a selection of apple pies served with cream.
An exciting game of Beetle followed the hot meal. Everyone was a winner, each receiving bon-bons.
Members were later reminded of forthcoming events, including a group meeting with Cotleigh WI, a mystery walk in the Topsham area and a lunch meeting.
You may also want to watch:
A Tall Ship Adventure will be the topic of a talk being given by Joyce West at the next meeting, which will be held in the Methodist Church hall, Chapel Street, on Tuesday, October 19.
For further information about the WI, call president Margaret Hawkins on (01404) 42615.
- 1 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 2 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 3 East Devon businesses 'doing utmost' to comply with covid regulations
- 4 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
- 5 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 6 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 7 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 8 New premises for treasured mental health charity
- 9 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 10 New homes and a new town centre as Cranbrook embraces the future