Harvest feast served to members of Honiton Evening WI
Members arrive at meeting armed with bowls and spoons.
MEMBERS of Honiton Evening Women’s Institute attended their September meeting armed with bowls and spoons.
They tucked into a harvest feast of homemade soups and rolls, followed by a selection of apple pies served with cream.
An exciting game of Beetle followed the hot meal. Everyone was a winner, each receiving bon-bons.
Members were later reminded of forthcoming events, including a group meeting with Cotleigh WI, a mystery walk in the Topsham area and a lunch meeting.
You may also want to watch:
A Tall Ship Adventure will be the topic of a talk being given by Joyce West at the next meeting, which will be held in the Methodist Church hall, Chapel Street, on Tuesday, October 19.
For further information about the WI, call president Margaret Hawkins on (01404) 42615.
- 1 Honiton supermarket reopens bigger and better
- 2 Town's extended Aldi store open again for shoppers
- 3 Have your say on shape of future town development
- 4 Seaton salutes its green-fingered garden winners
- 5 Bikers take the limelight at Wiscombe Park
- 6 Drama club rewarded for Christmas show that proved a winner
- 7 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 8 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 9 Nursing home enjoys great outdoors with family barbecue
- 10 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco