Have you got an interest in local housing?
EAST Devon District Council s Housing Review Board is looking for an independent volunteer who has an interest in social housing and community development to join the councillors...
EAST Devon District Council's Housing Review Board is looking for an independent volunteer who has an interest in social housing and community development to join the councillors, tenant representatives and a second independent community representative who currently make up the Board.
The Board, which meets at least four times a year, advises the council on housing policy.
Members develop and support the vision and values of the housing service and are actively involved in looking at the future ownership and management of council-owned homes. They also advise EDDC's Executive Board on the council's landlord duties and responsibilities affecting tenants and leaseholders.
So for anyone who has sound business judgement, a keen interest in the community, in particular housing and social inclusion, and who would enjoy working with tenant groups, the council's housing service would like to hear from you. Whilst there is no payment to Board members, expenses will be reimbursed.
You may also want to watch:
More details about the role and its responsibilities can be obtained by contacting Sue Bewes, Housing Strategy Manager, on (01395) 516 551 extension 2200,
or by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Village pub landlord helps feed vulnerable members of community
- 2 Latest planning applications in East Devon
- 3 Property of the Week: The Manse, Seaton
- 4 British Legion branch appeals for help to avoid closure
- 5 Charity plant fair with plenty for gardeners and growers to enjoy
- 6 Time to remember work of the NHS - and a way you can help locally
- 7 Police performed largest security operation in the force’s history
- 8 Council takes pride in flag outside headquarters
- 9 Gallery initiatives invite us to talk about climate through outstanding art
- 10 Summer progress at Exeter City