Have your say on local issues
Ten East Devon parishes have been designated ‘neighbourhood areas’ and are set to receive funding from the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG).
Dunkeswell, Stockland, Upottery, Cotleigh, Membury, Broadhembury, Luppitt, Chardstock, Yarcombe and Monkton and will be supporting one another, sharing resources and expert assistance.
Residents are being given the opportunity to have their say on local issues or join the team as part of launch events being held in each parish.
These and other issues will be the topic of a household survey during June and July, which will inform the next stage of the plan.
Geoffrey Sworder, of Dunkeswell Parish Council, said: “The economies of working together have allowed every parish to produce a plan whereas alone the cost and enormity of the task may have been prohibitive.”
You may also want to watch:
Neighbourhood plans are a new type of planning strategy produced by the local community that will enable the parishes to set their own detailed planning policies to guide future development and conservation.
The parishes are being supported by DCLG, East Devon District Council and the Blackdown Hills Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 10 Fake Covid-19 vaccine scam alert
In line with the EDDC Local Plan, the neighbourhood plans will cover the period 2015 to 2031.
Upottery – Friday, June 13, 10am - 7pm, The Manor Room
Cotleigh – Saturday, June 14, 11am - 5pm, Cotleigh Village Hall
Membury – Friday, June 20, 3pm – 7.30pm, Saturday 21, 9am – 1pm, Membury Village Hall
Broadhembury – Tuesday, June 24, Memorial Hall
Luppitt – Thursday, June 26, 4pm – 8pm, and at the Friday Market on June 27, 10am – 12pm, Luppitt Village Hall
Chardstock – Friday, July 4, 7-9pm, Saturday, July 5, 10am-5pm, Chardstock Community Hall
Yarcombe – Saturday, July 12, 10am - 12, Yarcombe Saturday Village Market, Jubilee Hall
Monkton - see parish notice boards