Hawkchurch farmers’ diamond day
Card from The Queen is a highlight of the couple’s 60th wedding anniversary celebrations
A CARD from The Queen added a special sparkle to a popular Hawkchurch couple’s diamond wedding day.
Family and friends turned out in force for a party at the village hall to toast Guy and Margaret Searle’s 60 years of marriage.
The couple, who live at Furzehill Farm, met at a local dance in 1950 and married at Broadwindsor on February 20, 1952.
They have six children, five grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Seale, 83, has been an active member of the village for many years, having served on both the parish council and the village hall committee.
Both he and his wife, 82, were also heavily involved with the Hawkchurch Roses group between early 1970s and the early 1990s.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 5 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
The couple and their sons, David and Paul, still run the family farm.