Hawkchurch farmers’ diamond day
Card from The Queen is a highlight of the couple’s 60th wedding anniversary celebrations
A CARD from The Queen added a special sparkle to a popular Hawkchurch couple’s diamond wedding day.
Family and friends turned out in force for a party at the village hall to toast Guy and Margaret Searle’s 60 years of marriage.
The couple, who live at Furzehill Farm, met at a local dance in 1950 and married at Broadwindsor on February 20, 1952.
They have six children, five grandchildren and six great grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Seale, 83, has been an active member of the village for many years, having served on both the parish council and the village hall committee.
Both he and his wife, 82, were also heavily involved with the Hawkchurch Roses group between early 1970s and the early 1990s.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 5 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 6 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 7 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 8 School embraces reading challenge
- 9 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
The couple and their sons, David and Paul, still run the family farm.