Hawkchurch shoot raises �250 for Help the Heroes
Hot shots get fired up for charity
HOT shots were on target to raise �250 at a charity clay pigeon shoot in Hawkchurch.
Some 36 people went along to Wyld Court to test their aim and raise money for “Help For Heroes”.
Wyld Clays’ Julian Grimshaw marshaled the competitors while
Marilyn Armstrong and Sarah Grimshaw served hot home made soup, cake, tea and coffee on a bright but very cold day.
The prize for best shot of the day was won by Graham Bugler, of Axminster, with a score of 14.
In addition to the ticket sales and donations, prizes contributed by local businesses were raffled to raise extra funds.
- 1 Hobby cannabis grower from Axminster busted after he 'got greedy'
- 2 Honiton's oldest paper-boy retires
- 3 Candidates lining up to replace Neil Parish in Tiverton and Honiton
- 4 Landlord jailed for 'groping barmaids' trying to stuff wages down their tops
- 5 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 6 Vintage Sports Cars grace the Wiscombe Park track
- 7 Peco propose new storage and multimedia centre
- 8 Honiton camera club hold snap meeting
- 9 'Something for everyone' as Axe Vale Show returns to Axminster
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
Organisers, “Guns for Good”, thanked everybody involved who worked hard to make it a successful and enjoyable day.