Hawkchurch shoot raises �250 for Help the Heroes
Hot shots get fired up for charity
HOT shots were on target to raise �250 at a charity clay pigeon shoot in Hawkchurch.
Some 36 people went along to Wyld Court to test their aim and raise money for “Help For Heroes”.
Wyld Clays’ Julian Grimshaw marshaled the competitors while
Marilyn Armstrong and Sarah Grimshaw served hot home made soup, cake, tea and coffee on a bright but very cold day.
You may also want to watch:
The prize for best shot of the day was won by Graham Bugler, of Axminster, with a score of 14.
In addition to the ticket sales and donations, prizes contributed by local businesses were raffled to raise extra funds.
- 1 School recognised for appliance of science
- 2 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 3 Mum and daughters take some big steps to help beat cancer
- 4 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 5 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 6 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 7 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 8 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 9 Axminster progress in the Devon Senior Cup
- 10 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
Organisers, “Guns for Good”, thanked everybody involved who worked hard to make it a successful and enjoyable day.