Hay destroyed in barn blaze
Firefighters from four towns tackle fire at Hawkchurch farm
Firefighters from Axminster, Charmouth and Lyme Regis, along with a water foam carrier from Exeter tackled a barn fire at Hawkchurch at around 5.15pm yesterday (Thursday).
The blaze involved approximately four tonnes of hay in a single storey building and was extinguished using two hose reel jets and small tools.
Around half of the barn contents was severely damaged by fire and smoke.
All contents were removed to the open air using a mechanical digger.
You may also want to watch:
The cause is believed to be accidental.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 5 Honiton golfers braving the changing conditions
- 6 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 7 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 8 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 9 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 10 Lyme Regis Gig Club end season in style