Hay destroyed in Colyton barn fire
Fire crews from across East Devon called to fight blaze at Yardbury Farm
Some 80 tons of hay were destroyed in a major barn fire at Colyton on Saturday night.
Fire appliances from Colyton and Axminster and a water bowser from Exeter were sent to the blaze at Yardbury Farm at around 9pm.
On arrival, crews called for assistance from a further three fire appliances - one from Honiton and two from Sidmouth. The incident command unit from Exmouth also attended.
Crews used two hose reel jets, one main jet and two breathing apparatus. Two mechanical diggers were also employed to move hay to an adjoining field.
Crews were stood down at around 3.40am and the hay was allowed to burn out naturally under the farmer’s supervision.
- 1 Van fire spread to hedgerow on busy route
- 2 Two-years-missing cat back home after turning up in Sidmouth
- 3 'Fantastic' news on Honiton loos: King Street toilets to stay open
- 4 Ottery family lights up home in memory of mum
- 5 Charity golf circus on the Honiton greens
- 6 Colyton decides on new neighbourhood development plan
- 7 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 8 UPDATE: Missing woman found after police appeal
- 9 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 10 Where to see Santa in the Seaton area this Christmas