Lyme gardeners get the clippers out for charity
- Credit: Archant
Two Lyme Regis horticulturalists have been doing some autumn pruning - shaving their heads.
Nigel and Ashley Ball got out the clippers to raise money for Axminster and Lyme Cancer support and Macmillan.
They also ran a vegetable stall outside their home and so far they have raised £1,500 with pledges of more to come.
Ashley said: “My mum, Karen, is currently going through treatment for breast cancer and both charities have been a great help to our family. “We are overwhelmed by the support we have received for such good causes.
“If anyone wishes to support us please contact us on 07855079194 or email@example.com “
You may also want to watch:
Axminster and Lyme Cancer Support aims to provide support for anyone living with and beyond cancer in the community, including relatives and carers, regardless of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage.
It provides information, educational literature and hold meetings around a variety of issues surrounding a cancer diagnosis or specific cancers.
- 1 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 2 He was going, going gone... but now TV auctioneer is back
- 3 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 4 Motorcyclist 'seriously injured' in crash near Ottery St Mary
- 5 Salute to the fallen as town marks centenary of its war memorial
- 6 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 7 More of us see our GPs face to face than in the rest of the country
- 8 UPDATE: Man dies after 'serious accident' on A30
- 9 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 10 The case of the missing Harry Baines Lott bust
To find out more visit: https://axminsterandlymecancersupport.co.uk/