Lyme gardeners get the clippers out for charity
- Credit: Archant
Two Lyme Regis horticulturalists have been doing some autumn pruning - shaving their heads.
Nigel and Ashley Ball got out the clippers to raise money for Axminster and Lyme Cancer support and Macmillan.
They also ran a vegetable stall outside their home and so far they have raised £1,500 with pledges of more to come.
Ashley said: “My mum, Karen, is currently going through treatment for breast cancer and both charities have been a great help to our family. “We are overwhelmed by the support we have received for such good causes.
“If anyone wishes to support us please contact us on 07855079194 or firstname.lastname@example.org “
Axminster and Lyme Cancer Support aims to provide support for anyone living with and beyond cancer in the community, including relatives and carers, regardless of age, ill-health, disability, financial hardship or other disadvantage.
It provides information, educational literature and hold meetings around a variety of issues surrounding a cancer diagnosis or specific cancers.
- 1 Judi Spiers re-dedicates Pecorama train Jimmy
- 2 The day a fallen scarecrow was mistaken for a dead body
- 3 Honiton councillor finalist for young civic awards
- 4 Review: Confusions, by Colyton Theatre Group
- 5 Man attacks seagull with cricket bat in Lyme Regis
- 6 'Hello Mum' - WhatsApp scammers posing as children steal over £1.5m
- 7 Exmouth nurse doing charity wing-walk this Sunday
- 8 Man released on bail after Dunkeswell accident
- 9 Mole screening day in Honiton hailed 'great success'
- 10 Pink Floyd tribute act coming to Beehive
To find out more visit: https://axminsterandlymecancersupport.co.uk/