Headmistress keeps village school open
OVER 50 children attended a village school today – welcomed by the headmistress, who lives in the village.
OVER 50 children attended a village school today - welcomed by the headmistress, who lives in the village.
Christine Hollidge opened All Saints Church of England Primary School, near Axminster, as usual.
It's been her policy to keep the school open during adverse weather for 23 years.
Another teacher, two teaching assistants and an administrator also made it through the snow to work, meaning it was business as usual
You may also want to watch:
The school will be open tomorrow, but parents advised not to put themselves or children at risk
Mrs Hollidge ran a project morning on snow today.
- 1 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 2 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 3 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 4 Seaton Gateway opens after revamp
- 5 Open invitation to help save church for the community
- 6 Killerton Christmas countdown
- 7 Pink and blue on the Honiton greens
- 8 Hundreds of bikers rev up to raise funds for life savers
- 9 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 10 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
Hot chocolate and biscuits were given to the children and, for part of the day, pupils were allowed to choose a snow activity.
"Children enjoyed it so much they didn't know it was work," said Mrs Hollidge.