Gravestone taken from Lyme cemetery
- Credit: Archant
Police are calling for information following its disappearance
Police are appealing for information after a headstone was stolen from a grave at Lyme Regis cemetery.
It bears the names ‘Austin Arthur William Speed’ and ‘Joyce Constance Speed’.
It is believed it was taken from the cemetery off Charmouth Road some time during the last six weeks.
Police Sergeant Andy Napper, of Bridport police, said: “This theft has understandably caused considerable distress to the family and we are making enquiries to establish who is responsible.
You may also want to watch:
“I am appealing to anyone who has witnessed any suspicious activity at the cemetery in recent weeks or who has any information that can assist our investigation to please contact us.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Dorset Police at www.dorset.police.uk, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 101, quoting occurrence number 55180118932. Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or via www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery