Health and wellbeing transport service launched
- Credit: Archant
Honiton-based TRIP Community Transport Association join forces with Exmouth and District Community Transport to roll out a new service.
Community transport groups in Honiton and Exmouth have joined forces to launch a health and wellbeing transport service.
TRIP Community Transport Association and Exmouth and District Community Transport officially launched the new venture last week, which aims to give residents in East Devon greater access to all forms of health and wellbeing appointments.
As part of the service the two groups will provide specially adapted vehicles to cater for people of all ages with limited mobility.
The new service has come about as a result of changes in the way the Department of Health medical needs criteria is applied in regards to the eligibility for hospital and medical transport.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Hurlock, the manager of TRIP Community Transport Association, said: “This service will help ensure that people living in East Devon will be given more choice on how to get to hospital and other medical appointments.”
The new service was given funding from Devon County Council, which was made available from Government funds for community transport.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 6 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 9 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 10 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
It will be open to residents across the whole of East Devon.
For more information on the service, call TRIP on 01404 46529.