Health and wellbeing transport service launched
- Credit: Archant
Honiton-based TRIP Community Transport Association join forces with Exmouth and District Community Transport to roll out a new service.
Community transport groups in Honiton and Exmouth have joined forces to launch a health and wellbeing transport service.
TRIP Community Transport Association and Exmouth and District Community Transport officially launched the new venture last week, which aims to give residents in East Devon greater access to all forms of health and wellbeing appointments.
As part of the service the two groups will provide specially adapted vehicles to cater for people of all ages with limited mobility.
The new service has come about as a result of changes in the way the Department of Health medical needs criteria is applied in regards to the eligibility for hospital and medical transport.
You may also want to watch:
Neil Hurlock, the manager of TRIP Community Transport Association, said: “This service will help ensure that people living in East Devon will be given more choice on how to get to hospital and other medical appointments.”
The new service was given funding from Devon County Council, which was made available from Government funds for community transport.
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Your chance to be crowned top artist
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 7 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 8 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 9 Be on your guard against toxic hogweed
- 10 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
It will be open to residents across the whole of East Devon.
For more information on the service, call TRIP on 01404 46529.