Healthcare Hero nomination for ‘fantastic’ worker Dave
- Credit: Archant
The search continues for the 2013 Heathcare Hero.
The ‘fantastic’ work of a housekeeping supervisor in East Devon has earned him a nomination for the 2013 Healthcare Hero Awards.
Dave Baxter, who works at Exmouth and Exeter community hospitals, was put forward for the awards by the matron of Exmouth Community Hospital, and Cathy Weeks, the matron of Exeter Community Hospital.
They said: “Dave does a fantastic job leading the teams of cleaning and catering staff at our respective hospitals. These staff also do a great job but that is due to Dave’s great leadership of his staff and his willingness to go above and beyond on a daily basis.
“He does this because of his steadfast commitment to ensure patients are cared for in clean, comfortable environments and that food and drinks are thoughtfully and sensitively provided by his team, while they are in our care.
You may also want to watch:
“Nothing is ever too much trouble for Dave and he will always help out when needed, often when he is not even meant to be on duty – such is his commitment and dedication to the patients. He will be cross with us for nominating him as he doesn’t like to be in the spotlight and will say that he is just doing his job, but sorry, Dave, you need to be publicly applauded and thanked by us all for being a healthcare hero who we are very glad to have in our teams.”
The Midweek Herald is running the awards in conjunction with the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
Herald readers can nominate any member of the trust’s staff - no matter what their job role - who they feel deserves to be recognised and rewarded.
Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust manages all the community hospitals in East Devon and its community nursing and therapy teams care for people in their own homes throughout the area.
Send nominations to Midweek Herald reporter Katy Griffin at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to: Midweek Herald, Fair Oak Close, Exeter Airport Business Park, Clyst Honiton EX5 2UL. The deadline for nominations is midnight on Tuesday, December 31.