Healthy School status for Shute
Shute Community Primary School has celebrated its success in becoming a Healthy School .
Shute Community Primary School has celebrated its success in becoming a 'Healthy School'.
To achieve 'Healthy School' status, the school was required to complete 62 separate criteria.
These included a focus on healthy eating, physical activity, emotional health and well-being, as well as drugs, smoking and alcohol awareness.
The status will last for three years, and each year the school will receive a health check visit.
You may also want to watch:
The Devon Healthy Schools is a part of the National Healthy Schools Programme.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 3 Long wait over as Honiton allotments are handed over to residents
- 4 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 5 Fundraiser makes brief stop on charity trek
- 6 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 7 Seaton tourist attraction to stay closed to the public
- 8 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 9 Village youngsters excited by opening of new pump track
- 10 Property of the Week: Marcella House, Kilmington