Healthy School status for Shute
Shute Community Primary School has celebrated its success in becoming a Healthy School .
Shute Community Primary School has celebrated its success in becoming a 'Healthy School'.
To achieve 'Healthy School' status, the school was required to complete 62 separate criteria.
These included a focus on healthy eating, physical activity, emotional health and well-being, as well as drugs, smoking and alcohol awareness.
The status will last for three years, and each year the school will receive a health check visit.
You may also want to watch:
The Devon Healthy Schools is a part of the National Healthy Schools Programme.
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 3 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 4 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend