Healthy School status for Shute
Shute Community Primary School has celebrated its success in becoming a Healthy School .
Shute Community Primary School has celebrated its success in becoming a 'Healthy School'.
To achieve 'Healthy School' status, the school was required to complete 62 separate criteria.
These included a focus on healthy eating, physical activity, emotional health and well-being, as well as drugs, smoking and alcohol awareness.
The status will last for three years, and each year the school will receive a health check visit.
You may also want to watch:
The Devon Healthy Schools is a part of the National Healthy Schools Programme.
- 1 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 2 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Yarty Party Time - and what a success
- 5 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 6 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 7 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 8 Lady Captain's Day at Axe Cliff
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer