Heat from light causes curtains to catch fire

PUBLISHED: 13:44 19 August 2008 | UPDATED: 22:12 15 June 2010

A CURTAIN caught fire at a restaurant in Axminster last Thursday, August 14.

A CURTAIN caught fire at a restaurant in Axminster last Thursday, August 14.Two fire engines were called out from Axminster and Colyton to the property in Lyme Street at 11.18pm.The curtain is believed to have caught fire from an overhead light fitting. Crews removed the curtain to open air and made the property safe before leaving.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald