Heathpark Service Station to close on Friday
Garage and shop to be demolished to make way for new Lidl store.
PART of Honiton is to disappear for good after Friday (December 17).
Heathpark Service Station, which comprises a BP garage and Budgens shop, will close for good at 5pm.
The business, which has operated on the site for 18 years, will cease trading to make way for a new supermarket.
Contractors working for Lidl will demolish buildings on the site in the New Year before work starts on the store.
You may also want to watch:
It is a sad time for the service station’s manageress, Shirley Reeks, and her colleagues.
“we would like to thank customers for all their support,” said Shirley.
- 1 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 2 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 3 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 4 Seaton Gateway opens after revamp
- 5 Open invitation to help save church for the community
- 6 Killerton Christmas countdown
- 7 Pink and blue on the Honiton greens
- 8 Hundreds of bikers rev up to raise funds for life savers
- 9 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 10 Wedding venue team goes extra mile for customers
“We will close at 5pm on Friday. You may find us all in tears, but we would love to see everyone.”