Heathpark Service Station to close on Friday
Garage and shop to be demolished to make way for new Lidl store.
PART of Honiton is to disappear for good after Friday (December 17).
Heathpark Service Station, which comprises a BP garage and Budgens shop, will close for good at 5pm.
The business, which has operated on the site for 18 years, will cease trading to make way for a new supermarket.
Contractors working for Lidl will demolish buildings on the site in the New Year before work starts on the store.
You may also want to watch:
It is a sad time for the service station’s manageress, Shirley Reeks, and her colleagues.
“we would like to thank customers for all their support,” said Shirley.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 5 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 6 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 9 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
“We will close at 5pm on Friday. You may find us all in tears, but we would love to see everyone.”