Heathpark Service Station to close on Friday
Garage and shop to be demolished to make way for new Lidl store.
PART of Honiton is to disappear for good after Friday (December 17).
Heathpark Service Station, which comprises a BP garage and Budgens shop, will close for good at 5pm.
The business, which has operated on the site for 18 years, will cease trading to make way for a new supermarket.
Contractors working for Lidl will demolish buildings on the site in the New Year before work starts on the store.
It is a sad time for the service station’s manageress, Shirley Reeks, and her colleagues.
“we would like to thank customers for all their support,” said Shirley.
- 1 Tourist blamed satnav for sending him wrong way up A303 dual carriageway
- 2 New artist drawing his way around Seaton
- 3 Nine-year-old launches fundraising appeal to spruce up RD&E's kids ward
- 4 Full steam ahead for Honiton Hill Rally on bank holiday weekend
- 5 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 6 Repair work on flood damage begins at Axminster bowling club
- 7 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Organisers aren't 'sheepish' about this upcoming Axe Valley event
- 10 Kilmington driver admits injuring woman in Axminster crash
“We will close at 5pm on Friday. You may find us all in tears, but we would love to see everyone.”