Heathpark Service Station to close on Friday
Garage and shop to be demolished to make way for new Lidl store.
PART of Honiton is to disappear for good after Friday (December 17).
Heathpark Service Station, which comprises a BP garage and Budgens shop, will close for good at 5pm.
The business, which has operated on the site for 18 years, will cease trading to make way for a new supermarket.
Contractors working for Lidl will demolish buildings on the site in the New Year before work starts on the store.
It is a sad time for the service station’s manageress, Shirley Reeks, and her colleagues.
“we would like to thank customers for all their support,” said Shirley.
- 1 Did visit prompt Queen Victoria to choose Honiton lace for wedding dress?
- 2 Policing activity in Honiton, Axminster and Colyford
- 3 A site for sore eyes
- 4 Members of South West drugs gang jailed for combined 40 years
- 5 Five-year-old girl dies after road accident near Honiton
- 6 Abolishing BBC licence fee is 'sparpling' from bigger issue
- 7 Mud and obelisks for Axe Valley Runners
- 8 Candidates sought to stand as new town councillors
- 9 Four Devon locations make 'worst places to live' list for 2022
- 10 Devon model railway manufacturer expands factory space to keep up with demand
“We will close at 5pm on Friday. You may find us all in tears, but we would love to see everyone.”