Heathpark Service Station to close on Friday
Garage and shop to be demolished to make way for new Lidl store.
PART of Honiton is to disappear for good after Friday (December 17).
Heathpark Service Station, which comprises a BP garage and Budgens shop, will close for good at 5pm.
The business, which has operated on the site for 18 years, will cease trading to make way for a new supermarket.
Contractors working for Lidl will demolish buildings on the site in the New Year before work starts on the store.
You may also want to watch:
It is a sad time for the service station’s manageress, Shirley Reeks, and her colleagues.
“we would like to thank customers for all their support,” said Shirley.
- 1 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 2 Ian Hall retains Devon County Council seat
- 3 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 4 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 5 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 6 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 7 Children get a taste of life in a forest school - and enjoy the benefits
- 8 Latest news from Axe Cliff Golf Club
- 9 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 10 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
“We will close at 5pm on Friday. You may find us all in tears, but we would love to see everyone.”