Heavens finally smile on Colyton church
St Andrew’s fete goes ahead at last - after last month’s washout - and raises �1,250
Colyton’s postponed church fete finally went ahead on Saturday after last month’s washout.
This time organisers were delighted with the weather – dry and not too windy - which heled to attract around 300 visitors.
Although the rearranged date was not ideal – clashing with some other big fund raisers in the area – the event still managed to raise a very healthy �1,250 for St Andrew’s funds.
Visitors enjoyed all the usual stalls and competitions, while music was provided, throughout the afternoon, by Bridport band One Night Stand.
You may also want to watch:
“The weather was good and we were really pleased with the outcome,” said church spokeswoman Ann Scott.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 3 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 4 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 5 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 6 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 7 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 8 Talk of a high-wage economy will not amuse those on low incomes
- 9 Champions of art and culture help connect communities