Helicopter tracks suspected burglars to Honiton
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Three men arrested after garage burgled in Ottery St Mary.
Three suspected burglars were apprehended in Honiton after a police helicopter tracked their movements.
Men from Seaton, Sidmouth and Exeter were arrested by traffic officers early yesterday (Sunday).
All three were due in court today (Monday).
Devon and Cornwall Police said the helicopter was drafted in after a report of a burglary at a garage in Ottery St Mary was confirmed by officers on the ground.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman told the Midweek Herald: “Using night vision goggles, and their unique vantage point, the crew of the helicopter were able to quickly scan the roads.
“A vehicle was spotted and followed through Honiton, whilst commentary was given to their colleagues on the ground.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 5 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Police to use ANPR cameras to enforce Covid rules across Devon
- 8 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 9 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 10 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
“A traffic unit was deployed and successfully stopped the car on the outskirts of Honiton.”