Axminster cooking for one courses to continue
- Credit: Archant
Healthy eating charity HALFF will continue to offer help and advice to people living alone
The popular Cooking for One activity run by Axminster based health eating charity HALFF is set to continue for a further six months.
The initiative helps to support people living alone with simple healthy cookery demonstrations at the United Reformed Church Hall on Chard Street, and a monthly newsletter.
People get time-saving hints and tips to make cooking for one more enjoyable, plus learn more about nutrition, food preparation and budgeting.
Chef Ian Simpson, from the White House Hotel in Charmouth, always makes the cooking sessions great fun, as well as very informative.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more, contact email@example.com, go to: www.halff.org.uk or call on 01297 631782 or go along to one of the cooking demonstrations.
The next will be on Tuesday July 17 between 11am and 12.30pm. There is no need to book, just go along, meet new people and taste what has been prepared before heading home.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 8 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 9 The master sportsman: Norman Borrett
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
Further dates are on August 21, September 18, October 16, November 20 and December 11.