Help build Honiton's new play trail
HOW would you like to be part of the building team putting up the exciting new play trail in Honiton?
HOW would you like to be part of the building team putting up the exciting new play trail in Honiton? Well, now is your chance.
Members of the construction team from Touch Wood Enterprises have already been working hard on site and are planning four days when you can go along and help. You will be involved in constructing the 'den building area', one of the 6 adventure play stations along the newly made path.
The team will provide all the safety gear and there will be lots of instruction in traditional wood craft methods using interesting and ancient tools, and some beautiful wood. The final pieces of equipment will join the already constructed climbing tepee, bird's nest swing, adventure maze trail and hammock circle, which will create the new Big Lottery-funded Honiton environmental play trail.
Building will take place over four days, starting at 10am on Friday 28, Saturday 29, Sunday 30 and Monday 31 August. Anyone interested in taking part should go along to the build site just off Battishorne Road near the junction with Honiton Bottom Road on any or all of these dates. Please make sure you are wearing suitable footwear and trousers.
You may also want to watch:
You will be working in a wild area where there are toilet facilities but there are no refreshments provided, so you will need to bring along something to drink and eat. If the weather is sunny it would be a good idea to bring along sun cream and a hat as well.
The community build days are open to anyone of any age and would make a really great family day out. For more information please contact East Devon District Council play ,anager Ishbel Ramsay on (01395) 571 708.
- 1 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 2 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 5 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 6 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 7 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 8 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 How Devon are you? Take our quiz