Help build Honiton's new play trail
HOW would you like to be part of the building team putting up the exciting new play trail in Honiton?
HOW would you like to be part of the building team putting up the exciting new play trail in Honiton? Well, now is your chance.
Members of the construction team from Touch Wood Enterprises have already been working hard on site and are planning four days when you can go along and help. You will be involved in constructing the 'den building area', one of the 6 adventure play stations along the newly made path.
The team will provide all the safety gear and there will be lots of instruction in traditional wood craft methods using interesting and ancient tools, and some beautiful wood. The final pieces of equipment will join the already constructed climbing tepee, bird's nest swing, adventure maze trail and hammock circle, which will create the new Big Lottery-funded Honiton environmental play trail.
Building will take place over four days, starting at 10am on Friday 28, Saturday 29, Sunday 30 and Monday 31 August. Anyone interested in taking part should go along to the build site just off Battishorne Road near the junction with Honiton Bottom Road on any or all of these dates. Please make sure you are wearing suitable footwear and trousers.
You may also want to watch:
You will be working in a wild area where there are toilet facilities but there are no refreshments provided, so you will need to bring along something to drink and eat. If the weather is sunny it would be a good idea to bring along sun cream and a hat as well.
The community build days are open to anyone of any age and would make a really great family day out. For more information please contact East Devon District Council play ,anager Ishbel Ramsay on (01395) 571 708.
- 1 Seaton Cricket club ‘bowled over’ by gesture from local housebuilder
- 2 Lacemaking mum's labour of love for daughter's wedding
- 3 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 4 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
- 5 Beachgoers share moment of wonder
- 6 Scheme for affordable homes on old football pitch moves step closer
- 7 Hot form in the heat at Axe Cliff
- 8 Town's Market Charter Day event is set to be biggest, say organisers
- 9 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 10 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon