Help Diddy make his travel dreams a reality
- Credit: Archant
Honiton’s mayor’s bear looks set to go off on his travels - but he needs your help.
Honiton’s very first mayor’s bear is appealing to anybody in the town going on day trips or holidays over the summer who wouldn’t mind him tagging along.
Diddy, who has joined town mayor Councillor David Foster for a second term in office, is looking at new ways of promoting the town and hopes to travel to as many different places he can.
“Let me know if you are going anywhere exciting or away on holiday or a day trip,” said Mr Foster. “By the end of the summer we are aiming to have a collection of pictures of Diddy pictured in different places around the world or the country.
“The more different locations the better.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be prizes for the most unique holiday or trip.
He added: “Diddy wouldn’t mind going to Peru, where Paddington comes from. He would love to go to Disney World – as he loves theme parks – or anywhere of significance. Anyone going anywhere exciting or interesting, we would love them to bring Diddy with them.
- 1 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 2 Amateur Axminster mountaineers get ready to 'cast some light' on Snowdon
- 3 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 4 Arc thanks Tesco customers for Wish Tree donations
- 5 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 6 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 7 Honiton hippo proves huge hit with youngsters
- 8 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 9 East Devon MPs 'reluctantly agree' on Lockdown Three
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
“We want him to be a real globetrotter and meet exciting people and go to exciting places.
“He will be an ambassador for Honiton.”
Diddy has had all his jabs, but is in need of a few holiday items and clothing.
It is hoped a display of pictures can be put together of Diddy on his travels.
For more information, call David Foster on 01404 45106.