Help for homeless animals
- Credit: Archant
Axminster Pets at Home customers raise over £1,000 for adoption charity
Pets at Home customers in Axminster have been helping to support abandoned and homeless animals.
Along with shoppers at the firm’s Taunton branch, they have been making donations to Support Adoption for Pets. As a result, two cheques were recently presented to the Ferne Animal Sanctuary, in Wambrook.
The Axminster store raised a whopping £1,115.85 and the Taunton store £642.25.
Miriam Christian, from Pets at Home, Axminster, said: “We really would like our customers to know how grateful we are to them for their continued support with our charity work. Events will be happening during the summer months so please keep a lookout within the stores.”
You may also want to watch:
Jenny Wheadon, head of external fundraising from Ferne Animal Sanctuary, said: “Everyone at Ferne was absolutely delighted to receive such generous donations from the customers at Pets at Home, we can’t thank them enough.”
To learn more about Ferne’s work, visit www.ferneanimalsanctuary.org
- 1 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 2 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 3 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 4 'Big Lie' politics go back further than Donald Trump - Paul Arnott
- 5 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 6 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 9 The Parkrun hopeful for the spring
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery