Help for over-50s to go self-employed
Pilot project launched in East Devon.
A pilot project has been launched in East Devon to help over-50s with a business idea go self-employed.
Funded by JobCentre Plus, the scheme, run by Outset, aims to help job seekers test their business ideas, undertake and present results of market research, establish mark-up margins and come up with first year profit and loss forecasts.
The help is to be delivered through a series of 10 three-hour workshops, taking place between now and March.
Built into the workshops are elements of time and stress management, presentation skills and decision making.
Everything covered goes into completing each client’s individual business plan.
A spokesman for the pilot project said: “There is no charge to clients for any of this.”
- 1 River Cottage Kitchen now open again at out-of-town HQ
- 2 Pub of the year Axminster Inn crowned
- 3 Axminster Queens Jubilee events
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Exeter cargo plane deemed 'beyond economical repair'
- 6 Honiton author release new sci-fi drama book
- 7 Why are we constantly waiting?
- 8 Seaton gets set to celebrate The Queen
- 9 Giving the Monarchy a bad name...
- 10 Aldi to take over Co-op site in Seaton
Find out about the Outset 50 Plus Self-Employment Programme by visiting Honiton Job Club, held at The Kings Centre on Tuesdays between 11.30am and 1pm, ask your JobCentre Plus adviser or call 07825 648861.