Help for over-50s to go self-employed
Pilot project launched in East Devon.
A pilot project has been launched in East Devon to help over-50s with a business idea go self-employed.
Funded by JobCentre Plus, the scheme, run by Outset, aims to help job seekers test their business ideas, undertake and present results of market research, establish mark-up margins and come up with first year profit and loss forecasts.
The help is to be delivered through a series of 10 three-hour workshops, taking place between now and March.
Built into the workshops are elements of time and stress management, presentation skills and decision making.
You may also want to watch:
Everything covered goes into completing each client’s individual business plan.
A spokesman for the pilot project said: “There is no charge to clients for any of this.”
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Property of the Week: Windmill Cottage, Honiton
- 3 Hippos and Tigers progress before derby night
- 4 Keep safe and enjoy return of Tar Barrels spectacle
- 5 Honiton man jailed for two years for voyeurism
- 6 Mum and daughter to have their hair chopped for charity
- 7 Beer Albion edge Colyton in local showdown
- 8 Wildwood Escot ready for a frighteningly good October half term
- 9 Backing for plan to launch parkruns for young athletes
- 10 Musical treat raises £800 for Afghanistan charity appeal
Find out about the Outset 50 Plus Self-Employment Programme by visiting Honiton Job Club, held at The Kings Centre on Tuesdays between 11.30am and 1pm, ask your JobCentre Plus adviser or call 07825 648861.