Herald to call for change in the law
The vulnerable are being short-changed and even put at risk by a minority of private care agencies.
The Midweek Herald is to call for a change in the law to protect the vulnerable and elderly from unscrupulous home care providers.
While the majority of agencies and individuals providing home care services in East Devon are going a good job, a minority are falling well short of expectations.
In some cases, clients’ lives are being put at risk.
Our phone-in on the subject of home care and domestic services, held all day on Friday, attracted a terrific response.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more, read next week’s Midweek Herald - or revisit this website on Wednesday.
- 1 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 4 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 5 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 6 William conquers 200 books
- 7 Half-year property sales are twice the five-year average
- 8 What’s in a town crest - mermaids, plants pregnant woman or all three?
- 9 Enjoy spectacular visual art exhibition at town's Thelma Hulbert Gallery
- 10 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local