Herald to call for change in the law
The vulnerable are being short-changed and even put at risk by a minority of private care agencies.
The Midweek Herald is to call for a change in the law to protect the vulnerable and elderly from unscrupulous home care providers.
While the majority of agencies and individuals providing home care services in East Devon are going a good job, a minority are falling well short of expectations.
In some cases, clients’ lives are being put at risk.
Our phone-in on the subject of home care and domestic services, held all day on Friday, attracted a terrific response.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more, read next week’s Midweek Herald - or revisit this website on Wednesday.
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 7 Liz Pole: Whitford celebrates new ultrafast broadband
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis