Herald to call for change in the law
The vulnerable are being short-changed and even put at risk by a minority of private care agencies.
The Midweek Herald is to call for a change in the law to protect the vulnerable and elderly from unscrupulous home care providers.
While the majority of agencies and individuals providing home care services in East Devon are going a good job, a minority are falling well short of expectations.
In some cases, clients’ lives are being put at risk.
Our phone-in on the subject of home care and domestic services, held all day on Friday, attracted a terrific response.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more, read next week’s Midweek Herald - or revisit this website on Wednesday.
- 1 Old Webster's site car park to be re-opened and run by council
- 2 Hippos beaten by a penalty at Okehampton
- 3 New exhibition for well known local ceramicist
- 4 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 5 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 6 New plan to build East Devon back better after the pandemic
- 7 Volunteers unite again to launch Operation Rudolph
- 8 MP gets a flavour of community food project's new base
- 9 Councils across Devon to provide training to boost business
- 10 Premier League contract for local footballer