Hey Nude! Take a ‘sad’ guitar and make it better
- Credit: Archant
Fender accoustic signed by Paul McCartney with original artwork by Tracey Emin is being raffled in Axminster
Andy Cable, owner of Axminster’s Axe Music guitar shop, is handling his latest acquisition with kid gloves – as it’s been signed by Paul McCartney with an original artwork by Tracey Emin.
The stars came together to personalise the £200 Fender acoustic in aid of this year’s Guitars On The Beach, which will be raising money for Cancer Research at the massive festival in Lyme Regis on September 3 and 4.
By Macca adding his signature and top contemporary artist Tracey drawing an original study of a woman relaxing topless on a beach, the value of the unique guitar has rocketed.
“One art collector has told us that it could raise tens of thousands of pounds if it came up at an art auction,” said Andy. “So every time I get it out, I’m handling it with kid gloves as I’m terrified I’ll drop it.”
You may also want to watch:
Rather than put the instruments up for auction, the guitar festival organisers are raffling it for £1 tickets.
“By making it a prize in our raffle that gives everyone a chance to win it,” said Andy. “But the raffle tickets are flying out of my shop. Because it is an original and exclusive work of art, one chap is so keen to win it that he bought 1,000 tickets.
- 1 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 2 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 3 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 4 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 5 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Football in support of mental health
- 9 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 10 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
“As it’s the only guitar in the world signed by a Beatle with one of Tracey’s iconic naked studies, we call it the Hey Nude guitar.”
The Guitars On The Beach team is also raffling another prized guitar, a Stratocaster signed by Deep Purple frontman Ian Gillan. Raffle tickets for both guitars can be purchased at Axe Music or through the website www.guitarsonthebeach.com Tickets will also be sold at the big band event, with the draw for the winner held on Saturday September 3.