High flying teenager launches aerial surveillance firm
- Credit: Archant
Dominc Turner, 19, from Uplyme is sole UK distributor for AirRobot
An Uplyme teenager’s career looks set for take off after launching a high-tech aerial surveillance company.
Dominic Turner, 19, has become the sole UK distributor for AirRobot, which uses unmanned flying vehicles to capture high definition images from the sky.
MP Neil Parish praised the young entrepreneur when he opened his new premises at Hunthay Farm, near Axminster, recently.
He said: “This high-tech business will bring a lot of added value to the West Country. I cannot believe the quality of the aerial pictures I have seen today.”
You may also want to watch:
AirRobot, a global company, has been supplying the military for over 12 years and is now bringing the aerial platforms into the civilian markets.
Now as boss of AirRobot UK Ltd Dominic says he has the universal application for surveying, inspection, surveillance and aerial photography.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
He is licensed by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and can fly his unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) up to maximum of 400ft.
The camera technology includes from still and video to infrared and thermal cameras with high definition.
Dominic is now available for hire with his UAV offering to take “that different view” from literally four to 400 feet, operating as AirRotorMedia UK Ltd.
For more details visit www.airrobot.co.uk