High standards at Offwell Flower show
Rain showers and dark skies did not deter a good turnout for the annual Offwell Flower Show, recently. Although entries were slightly down this year the exhibits were of a very high standard. Organisers said it was encouraging that there was an increase
Rain showers and dark skies did not deter a good turnout for the annual Offwell Flower Show, recently.
Although entries were slightly down this year the exhibits were of a very high standard.
Organisers said it was encouraging that there was an increase in both individual children's and school entries.
The treasurer reported a healthy financial balance and prize sponsors were thanked for their continuing support.
You may also want to watch:
The awards were presented this year by Terry and David Roberts.
The winners at this year's show were:
- 1 Property of the Week: East Grange
- 2 Tuck into this celebration of East Devon's finest food and drink
- 3 Motorists urged: park sensibly, don't drive Devon residents mad
- 4 East Devon councillor resigns to focus on his business interests
- 5 Hill climbs to the top on Captain’s Day
- 6 Walkies! Heath team offers summer advice for dog owners
- 7 William conquers 200 books
- 8 Lions help enthusiastic work skills group
- 9 Family pay tribute to popular Colyton man after his tragic death
- 10 Great gran takes plunge at Lyme Regis
Most points in show: Bridget Hallowes;
Runners-up (Shared): Gill Seymour and Margaret Fairhurst;
Best Single Rose: Bridget Hallowes;
Old English Rose: John Rodgers.;
Decorative & Cut Flower Sections: Bridget Hallowes;
Vegetable Section: John Fairhurst;
Home Produce Section (Shared): Eileen Rooke, Gill Seymour and Jo Bass;
Handicraft's Section: Derek Browning.;
Children's Section: Master J Richards and Miss W Jones;
Offwell Playgroup: Scarlet Jennings;
Home Brew Section: Bridget Hallowes.
The organising committee would like to thank all sponsors, judges, exhibitors and helpers, particularly the Offwell WI for their splendid afternoon tea and cakes.