High standards at Offwell Flower show
Rain showers and dark skies did not deter a good turnout for the annual Offwell Flower Show, recently. Although entries were slightly down this year the exhibits were of a very high standard. Organisers said it was encouraging that there was an increase
Rain showers and dark skies did not deter a good turnout for the annual Offwell Flower Show, recently.
Although entries were slightly down this year the exhibits were of a very high standard.
Organisers said it was encouraging that there was an increase in both individual children's and school entries.
The treasurer reported a healthy financial balance and prize sponsors were thanked for their continuing support.
You may also want to watch:
The awards were presented this year by Terry and David Roberts.
The winners at this year's show were:
- 1 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching
- 2 Snubbed! Lacemaker whose expertise was too good for the judges
- 3 Laptops and tablet help primary school
- 4 School recognised for appliance of science
- 5 Green blueprint for new valley park is agreed
- 6 Honiton U9s overjoyed to be playing competitive rugby once again
- 7 Marcus Hartnell wins Seaton and Colyton election
- 8 Phil Twiss retains Devon County Council seat
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Property of the Week: Corn Mill, Ottery St Mary
Most points in show: Bridget Hallowes;
Runners-up (Shared): Gill Seymour and Margaret Fairhurst;
Best Single Rose: Bridget Hallowes;
Old English Rose: John Rodgers.;
Decorative & Cut Flower Sections: Bridget Hallowes;
Vegetable Section: John Fairhurst;
Home Produce Section (Shared): Eileen Rooke, Gill Seymour and Jo Bass;
Handicraft's Section: Derek Browning.;
Children's Section: Master J Richards and Miss W Jones;
Offwell Playgroup: Scarlet Jennings;
Home Brew Section: Bridget Hallowes.
The organising committee would like to thank all sponsors, judges, exhibitors and helpers, particularly the Offwell WI for their splendid afternoon tea and cakes.