High standards at Offwell Flower show
Rain showers and dark skies did not deter a good turnout for the annual Offwell Flower Show, recently. Although entries were slightly down this year the exhibits were of a very high standard. Organisers said it was encouraging that there was an increase
Rain showers and dark skies did not deter a good turnout for the annual Offwell Flower Show, recently.
Although entries were slightly down this year the exhibits were of a very high standard.
Organisers said it was encouraging that there was an increase in both individual children's and school entries.
The treasurer reported a healthy financial balance and prize sponsors were thanked for their continuing support.
You may also want to watch:
The awards were presented this year by Terry and David Roberts.
The winners at this year's show were:
- 1 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 2 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 3 Increase in hate crime across Devon and Cornwall
- 4 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 5 Honiton runners in the Studland Stampede
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Sky's the limit for popular artist as new exhibition opens
- 8 Jo’s family go the distance to support cancer charity
- 9 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 10 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
Most points in show: Bridget Hallowes;
Runners-up (Shared): Gill Seymour and Margaret Fairhurst;
Best Single Rose: Bridget Hallowes;
Old English Rose: John Rodgers.;
Decorative & Cut Flower Sections: Bridget Hallowes;
Vegetable Section: John Fairhurst;
Home Produce Section (Shared): Eileen Rooke, Gill Seymour and Jo Bass;
Handicraft's Section: Derek Browning.;
Children's Section: Master J Richards and Miss W Jones;
Offwell Playgroup: Scarlet Jennings;
Home Brew Section: Bridget Hallowes.
The organising committee would like to thank all sponsors, judges, exhibitors and helpers, particularly the Offwell WI for their splendid afternoon tea and cakes.