Hippos welcomed to Seaton Parish Church
- Credit: Archant
Nursery school youngsters get to look around St Gregory’s
St Gregory’s Church at Seaton welcomed 20 children and their teachers from the Pink Hippo Day Nursery and Pre-School.
The youngsters went along to look around the church and take their Harvest gifts for Seaton Foodbank.
Many of them did not think they had been in a church before so officials showed them the Font, where the babies are baptised, and then encouraged them to sit in the pews and look at the pretty coloured windows.
The youngsters also sat in the choir stalls and sang some songs. After another walk around they took it in turns to put their harvest gifts into the shopping trolley ready for the church team to take to the Foodbank in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
It was then time to walk back to school for lunch or home time.
“They were all very good and we hope they will visit us again perhaps nearer to Christmas,” said a church official.
- 1 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 2 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 3 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 4 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 5 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 9 'Think twice' before leaving home asks Devon health chief
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis