Axminster flower arrangers take a step back in time
- Credit: Archant
Beginning their first flower arranging workshop for 2020, three Axminster women were amongst a lively group being taught at Combe St Nicholas Village Hall.
The theme of the workshop was 'back in time', learning to create a design inspired by a well-known historical TV drama that was made into a film.
Using seasonal foliage and just a few flowers, the participants watched tutor Jackie Nicholls make an arrangement that wouldn't have been out of place in a stately home.
Axminster member Julia Yates said: "I was extremely pleased with my design. I learnt how to be free, blousy and adventurous, it was great fun."
Carole Hanna, from Axminster, added "It really worked perfectly for me. I was thrilled with the end result."
You may also want to watch:
Jackie Nicholls, from Ashville Design, said: "The aim was to challenge everyone into making a big, blousy arrangement - and the results were simply amazing."
For details of upcoming workshops visit www.ashvilledesign.co.uk or call 01460 67795 or 07906 259 68
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 5 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 6 "Whoever you are, the county council will almost certainly play some role in your everyday life"
- 7 Grassroots sport under the Lords microscope
- 8 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 9 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
- 10 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery