History is made in Honiton
Councillor David Foster becomes town’s youngest ever mayor at 35. Photo gallery.
A father-of-five, who was born and bred in Honiton, has become the town’s youngest ever mayor.
Councillor David Foster, 35, was installed as the town’s first citizen during an ancient ceremony, led by town crier Dave Retter, last night (Monday).
At his side was his devoted wife, Karen, who becomes mayoress.
He replaces three times mayor Councillor Vernon Whitlock, who did not seek re-election.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Peter Halse is the new deputy mayor.
The ceremony took place in front of a large crowd of invited dignitaries, including local MP Neil Parish, at St Rita’s Conference Centre.
- 1 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 2 'We have to look forward and make Jurassic Centre success it deserves to be'
- 3 A special remembrance service in Seaton
- 4 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 5 Museum exhibition offers a glimpse into wartime life
- 6 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 7 Judith is miles ahead in climate change action campaign
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Five Things to do in East Devon this October half Term
- 10 Turkish delight for Axe Valley Runner
Click on the link above to view a photo gallery of the occasion.