Hollywood star spotted in Lyme
Actor Nicholas Cage celebrates his anniversary in the resort.
A Hollywood superstar surprised staff at a Lyme Regis restaurant when he dropped in for a bite to eat.
Nicholas Cage, along with his wife and son, stopped at the Hix Oyster and Fish House last week to celebrate his wedding anniversary.
The actor is well-known for his blockbuster movies including The Rock, National Treasure, ConAir and most recently appeared in Ghost Rider 2: Spirit of Vengeance.
Restaurant supervisor Tom Cook said: “He was a nice guy and was really down to earth.
“It was quite a shock.”
Whilst there he enjoyed cured sardines followed by Lyme Bay lobster and for dessert he had a sea buckthorn posset.
- 1 Caravan left 'severely damaged' by fire on A35
- 2 Aldi seeking approval for extension of former Coop site
- 3 Happy Hippos all set for Peninsula push
- 4 South West warning for drought issued
- 5 Kilmington driver admits injuring woman in Axminster crash
- 6 Outdoor fire in Lyme Regis
- 7 Honiton history: Four generations of the Hussey family auctions
- 8 Ottery St Mary - a shopping paradise
- 9 Seaton ladies storm into semi-finals of Top Club competition
- 10 How to see the last supermoon of the year this weekend
The US star even wanted to try the fish and chips so he had both at the same time.
“He said it was the best lobster he had eaten in Europe,” added Tom.
Staff at the restaurant are hoping he will come back again during his next visit to the resort.