Hollywood star spotted in Lyme
Actor Nicholas Cage celebrates his anniversary in the resort.
A Hollywood superstar surprised staff at a Lyme Regis restaurant when he dropped in for a bite to eat.
Nicholas Cage, along with his wife and son, stopped at the Hix Oyster and Fish House last week to celebrate his wedding anniversary.
The actor is well-known for his blockbuster movies including The Rock, National Treasure, ConAir and most recently appeared in Ghost Rider 2: Spirit of Vengeance.
Restaurant supervisor Tom Cook said: “He was a nice guy and was really down to earth.
You may also want to watch:
“It was quite a shock.”
Whilst there he enjoyed cured sardines followed by Lyme Bay lobster and for dessert he had a sea buckthorn posset.
- 1 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 2 Property of the Week: Sidmouth Road, Rousdon
- 3 Colyton cyclist at age 82 rides the Gridiron 100 for Parkinson's UK
- 4 Teacher who threw himself into village life in retirement
- 5 Band are back... and music lovers brave rain to enjoy show
- 6 Premier League contract for local footballer
- 7 Local Football Results
- 8 Double-header for Honiton juniors against Cullompton
- 9 How Devon are you? Take our quiz
- 10 Legion hosts latest in series of timely war graves walks
The US star even wanted to try the fish and chips so he had both at the same time.
“He said it was the best lobster he had eaten in Europe,” added Tom.
Staff at the restaurant are hoping he will come back again during his next visit to the resort.