Home Alone campaign, fire service
DEVON and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service has launched a Home Alone Campaign.
DEVON and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service has launched a 'Home Alone' Campaign.
Since April last year, five people who lived alone have died from fires in their homes.
The service is asking people with a family, neighbour or friend who lives alone to get in touch.
The campaign offers a free home safety visit, where advice and guidance is given, and where necessary, a smoke detector will be fitted free of charge.
For more information, call 0800 7311 822, quoting 'Home Alone,' or email email@example.com
- 1 Man from Seaton dies after crash on Friday
- 2 The East Devon town being labelled a success despite the lack of a town centre
- 3 Jack's legacy helps fund vital brain tumour research
- 4 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 5 Plans for new town - and THOUSANDS of new homes - in East Devon revealed
- 6 No choice but to charge entry for public toilets
- 7 Rising cost to council of boosting salaries to match market rate
- 8 Property of the Week: Dolphin Street, Colyton
- 9 'Variant is a stark reminder pandemic isn't over'
- 10 Devon charity offering fuel poverty advice and support this winter