Home Alone campaign, fire service
DEVON and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service has launched a Home Alone Campaign.
DEVON and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service has launched a 'Home Alone' Campaign.
Since April last year, five people who lived alone have died from fires in their homes.
The service is asking people with a family, neighbour or friend who lives alone to get in touch.
The campaign offers a free home safety visit, where advice and guidance is given, and where necessary, a smoke detector will be fitted free of charge.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, call 0800 7311 822, quoting 'Home Alone,' or email email@example.com
- 1 Watchmaker's celebrity approach proves a timely move
- 2 Big-hearted trio smash fundraising target for animal sanctuary
- 3 Food and drink festival proves the perfect tonic after lockdown
- 4 Exeter Chiefs star inspires young rugby players during Honiton store visit
- 5 Monday means a big step forward on road to economic recovery
- 6 Firefighters ask farmers to be on guard after spate of blazes
- 7 Sisters urge supporters to keep giving as mum battles to beat cancer
- 8 Mr Music's motor is no van ordinaire
- 9 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 10 Anniversary milestone for the railway station that beat Beeching