Home appeal father threatened with castration
Poison pen letter delivered to family’s Honiton home.
THE author of an anonymous poison pen letter has threatened to castrate a Honiton father - after reading his appea1 for a larger council home in last week’s Midweek Herald.
James Manley, who lives with his pregnant wife, Ann-Marie, and four children in a two bedroom flat, received the letter last Saturday morning. It was delivered by Royal Mail and was posted locally, second class, on Wednesday or Thursday last week.
“I was horrified,” Mr Manley told the Midweek Herald.
The matter has been reported to police, who have the letter.
You may also want to watch:
Our original story about the Manley family’s housing plight had to be removed from the Midweek Herald website amid fears of further threats.
More on this story and reader reaction to last week’s front page in tomorrow’s Midweek Herald.
- 1 Violent thug jailed after violent attack in supermarket
- 2 Rogue builder jailed for ripping off Honiton customers
- 3 Thug jailed for violent bottle attack at Seaton Tesco
- 4 Seaton Gateway opens after revamp
- 5 Open invitation to help save church for the community
- 6 Killerton Christmas countdown
- 7 Pink and blue on the Honiton greens
- 8 Hundreds of bikers rev up to raise funds for life savers
- 9 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 10 Dark day for Millwey Rise