Home appeal father threatened with castration
Poison pen letter delivered to family’s Honiton home.
THE author of an anonymous poison pen letter has threatened to castrate a Honiton father - after reading his appea1 for a larger council home in last week’s Midweek Herald.
James Manley, who lives with his pregnant wife, Ann-Marie, and four children in a two bedroom flat, received the letter last Saturday morning. It was delivered by Royal Mail and was posted locally, second class, on Wednesday or Thursday last week.
“I was horrified,” Mr Manley told the Midweek Herald.
The matter has been reported to police, who have the letter.
Our original story about the Manley family’s housing plight had to be removed from the Midweek Herald website amid fears of further threats.
More on this story and reader reaction to last week’s front page in tomorrow’s Midweek Herald.
- 1 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 2 Upheaval at Honiton Town Council as six members walk out of meeting and resign
- 3 'People are now too smart to fall for Tory culture wars...'
- 4 Sophie sacrifices waist-length hair for charity
- 5 Property of the Week: Thorn Cottage, Stockland
- 6 Met office weather warning for fog TONIGHT
- 7 Chris reminisces on his earliest memories from the 1980s
- 8 Missing 21 year old from Honiton FOUND
- 9 Four Devon locations make 'worst places to live' list for 2022
- 10 Looking back on local football in the Devon & Exeter League