Home appeal father threatened with castration
Poison pen letter delivered to family’s Honiton home.
THE author of an anonymous poison pen letter has threatened to castrate a Honiton father - after reading his appea1 for a larger council home in last week’s Midweek Herald.
James Manley, who lives with his pregnant wife, Ann-Marie, and four children in a two bedroom flat, received the letter last Saturday morning. It was delivered by Royal Mail and was posted locally, second class, on Wednesday or Thursday last week.
“I was horrified,” Mr Manley told the Midweek Herald.
The matter has been reported to police, who have the letter.
You may also want to watch:
Our original story about the Manley family’s housing plight had to be removed from the Midweek Herald website amid fears of further threats.
More on this story and reader reaction to last week’s front page in tomorrow’s Midweek Herald.
- 1 Millwey Rise 2 Pinhoe 0
- 2 Hollie's happy to be in the Little Shop of vouchers
- 3 Author's school visit takes the biscuit
- 4 Caroline and Steve Bond win Covid Cup at Axe Cliff
- 5 Netball club members win superstar backing for 'trip' to Australia
- 6 Honiton carers' group meets again
- 7 Tourist attraction scoops prestigious award for 'tramathon' live event
- 8 Flitch Success for the Armstrong family
- 9 When former emperor Napolean came to Devon
- 10 Property of the Week: The Grove, Colyton