Seaton Christmas shoebox appeal
- Credit: Archant
A Seaton-based home care provider has launched an appeal to bring a little Christmas cheer to vulnerable people.
Axe Valley Home Care has teamed up with a number of other care providers to collect gifts for elderly folk who are isolated in the community.
"These people may be your neighbours or someone living down your road," said a spokesman.
"Many older people will be alone this Christmas. Age Concern estimate that there are 1.4 million older people in the UK who are struggling with loneliness.
"As many as 225,000 of them go for a whole week without speaking to another person.
You may also want to watch:
"If you are able please donate a small gift, such as mince pies, biscuits or shower gel please add your donation to the basket in the main entrance of our office before Monday, December 16.
"You can make a real difference to someone this Christmas."
- 1 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 2 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 3 Virtual start to 2021 season for Axe Valley Runners
- 4 How would you feel about giving up your car?
- 5 The amazing Mr Hicks: a croquet legend
- 6 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
- 7 '2020 was the worst year of my life so far' - Molly Bond
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Devon Air Ambulance team looks back on 2020
- 10 Lockdown services in Lyme Regis
Axe Valley Home Care is located above Seaton Fitness Centre in the Co-op car park.