Home damaged in electrical blaze

PUBLISHED: 09:34 17 June 2013 | UPDATED: 09:34 17 June 2013

Archant

Fire crews from Colyton and Seaton called to Starre Close

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus to tackle a blaze at a property in Seaton late yesterday afternoon (Sunday, June 16).

Crews from Seaton and Colyton were called to a fire in an electrical box at Starre Close, at around 5.30pm.

On arrival they confirmed smoke issuing from the building.

Crews got to work to extinguish the fire using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one dry powder extinguisher and a covering jet.

At 6.45pm crews confirmed the fire was now out causing, having caused 60 percent smoke damage to the property and five per cent fire and heat damage.

The fire is believed to be accidental.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Midweek Herald. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Midweek Herald