Home damaged in electrical blaze
- Credit: Archant
Fire crews from Colyton and Seaton called to Starre Close
Firefighters wore breathing apparatus to tackle a blaze at a property in Seaton late yesterday afternoon (Sunday, June 16).
Crews from Seaton and Colyton were called to a fire in an electrical box at Starre Close, at around 5.30pm.
On arrival they confirmed smoke issuing from the building.
Crews got to work to extinguish the fire using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one dry powder extinguisher and a covering jet.
You may also want to watch:
At 6.45pm crews confirmed the fire was now out causing, having caused 60 percent smoke damage to the property and five per cent fire and heat damage.
The fire is believed to be accidental.
- 1 Honiton's new town clerk 'will try to make a difference'
- 2 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 3 March the target for Point to Point racing
- 4 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 Honiton mental health initiatives given funding boost
- 7 The US Open: part two
- 8 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 9 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 10 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax