Homes survey is key to shaping Axminster’s future
- Credit: Archant
Residents urged to fill in and return their housing needs forms
The results of a housing needs survey, currently under way in Axminster, will play a key role in shaping the community’s future, organisers say.
Thousands of questionnaires are being delivered to homes throughout the town, seeking residents’ views.
County councillor and Neighbourhood Plan Steering Group chairman Andrew Moulding is urging everyone to return them by the June 7 deadline.
He told the Midweek Herald: “Axminster is going to grow significantly over the next few years and we need an idea of the type of housing Axminster residents require. The form should be completed by all age groups.
You may also want to watch:
“You may be a young person wishing to rent or seeking to get on the first rung of the housing ladder, you may be interested in starter homes or self-build, you may be looking to upgrade from rent to buy or to a larger home, you may be an older person thinking of downsizing, or, eventually, you may need ‘extra care’.
“This survey will shape the future of our town over the next five to 10 years and we need to ensure that appropriate housing is provided.”
- 1 Quite a year for a Honiton auctioneers Chilcotts
- 2 Honiton Town Council freezes its share of council tax
- 3 Runners take on 1,000km challenge in memory of Evelyn Tratt
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Parent+ Support Hub receives special thanks from Co-op
- 6 Devon Young Farmers discuss the challenges of farm succession
- 7 New contractors to roll out fibre broadband across South West
- 8 Patients asked to stay away from Honiton Surgery
- 9 Honiton's Freya gets the chop for the Little Princess Trust
- 10 Deal struck on Cranbrook town centre
Cllr Moulding thanked Axminster East Devon district councillor Ian Hall and community projects adviser Aggie Szpinda for their hard work with the housing needs survey
He added: “If residents have not received a survey form for any reason, they can contact me on 01297 553865 – and I will get one to them.”
Householders with any queries about the survey or who need help with the form should contact Janice Alexander on 01392 248919.